Learning French in Delhi
- French is the eighteenth most widely spoken language in the world and second most studied language worldwide.
- it is also considered as the most romantic language in the world.
- French can also be called as ‘business language’ because it is carried out in most of the business when compared with other foreign languages.
- The French economy is one of the strongest in the world and it is increasingly being a leader in technical innovations.
- It is one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
- The language is also often used on the internet.
- A lot of students of India opt for French as a foreign language to learn and study.
- French is considered a language of Art, Culture, Love, and Literature. In fact, French has won more Nobel prizes for literature when compared to other countries around the globe.
- French is commonly thought of as a third language in most of the cities secondary schools in India.
French Coaching in Delhi
Delhi, the capital of India, has a lot of institutes and colleges providing courses in the French language. The popularity of studying French in the youth of India has increased and is still increasing every day. This has led to the availability of educational centers that provide study in this field. Below is the list of popular French coaching centers in Delhi –
School of French
School of French” is a leading Spanish and French language institute in Delhi NCR that offers students with Spanish and French language training despite their linguistic level. It was established in Delhi in 2013. In-School of French, the French language program is divided into 6 levels of learning French: beginners 1, beginners 2, intermediate 1, intermediate 2, advanced 1 and advanced 2. The institute has tie-ups with the corporate world, this helps students in getting placed just after completion of their studies. The institute also provides home tuitions, online classes, and corporate training.
Many colleges of Delhi University provides certificate, diploma and higher studies in foreign languages. Course for almost all the popular languages is available at the University of Delhi.
South Campus Colleges providing French Coaching –
- College of Vocational Studies
- Jesus and Mary College
iii. Kamala Nehru College
- Lady Shri Ram College
North Campus Colleges offering French coaching –
- Hansraj College
- Indraprashtha College for Women
iii. Ramjas College
Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages
Students can focus on the French Language at BharatiyaVidyaBhavan through the Jawaharlal Nehru Academy of Languages. The 3-year French course at this French Coaching Centre is distributed into six semesters of 5 months each. Students will be granted Certificate after 2nd, Diplomas after 4th and Advanced Diploma after the 6th semester.
Institute of Career Studies –YMCA
Established in 1964, Delhi’s another French Coaching center YMCA — Institute for Career Studies is famous for its French program. The YMCA, New Delhi is offering a one-year Diploma in French. Classes are held thrice in a week, and the one-year fee is approximately ₹ 46,676
The School of Foreign Languages established in 1985, offers certificate, diploma and Ph.D. programs in various foreign languages such as French and other languages as well namely Persian, Russian, German, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, etc. Remember the Certification course only aims at teaching basic communication skills in the chosen language. IGNOU is one of the most preferred French coaching center for distant education in Delhi.
Other known French coaching institutions or universities in India–
- Rajasthan University, Jaipur
- SavitribaiPhule University or University of Pune, Pune
- Amity School of Languages, Noida
- TEI Academy, Bangalore.
- English Fountain, Thane
- The Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture, Kolkata
- Alliance Francaise, located in 15 cities in India.
What to do after French Coaching?
Possible professional sectors that any foreign language student opt for after completing a course from a French coaching center are as follows –
- a) Business, Industry, and Commerce,
- b) Teaching,
- c) Interpreting and Translating,
- d) Travel and Tourism,
- e) Media – Radio or Journalism,
- f) Publishing,
- g) Engineering,
- h) Services in MNCs.
- i) Call Centres
Job profiles for a French Proficient.
Following is the list of job profiles for French-language experts –
2) Content Writer
5) Tour Guide
8) Public Relation Officer
9) The representative of Foreign Companies
10) Research associates
All these job profiles provide a decent salary. To say in words of approximation, a foreign language proficient can earn from 30,000 to 60,000 per month, working with any organization.
Though once you gain the work experience you can indeed have better-paying jobs. This field provides you with the liberty to choose from any of the above-mentioned job profiles, thus you can work in an area that interests you the most. The scope after learning French is very wide and interesting.
French has gained tremendous popularity, especially among youths. If foreign language interests you then opting to learn French is a good idea because it provides you both a good scope and a great exposure. Keep your self-doubt away and begin with small steps. Get enrolled in one of the popular French coaching centers in Delhi and give your dreams a path.